The Terms and Conditions page establishes the terms and conditions of use for the 73rd EDSA Meeting website for operation by either online guests or registered users, and the general terms and conditions of registration and participation in the aforementioned event. By browsing our website and/or registering to the meeting, you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions of use and that you agree to abide by them. Therefore, please read the following document carefully before taking any action. If you, for any reason, do not agree to these terms, please refrain from using our website and from registering to the 73rd EDSA Meeting.
The following terms and abbreviations will be used in these Terms & Conditions:
- Agreement, meaning the contract established between the user and the organisers of the event, established by making use of the website and registering to the event.
- Applicant, meaning all persons that submitted the registration form, but are not yet selected for the event.
- Clause, meaning any clause of this Terms and Conditions.
- Contract, meaning these Terms and Conditions.
- Edition, meaning the edition of the EDSA Meeting organised in the Spring of 2024.
- EDSA, meaning European Dental Students’ Association.
- Event, meaning 73rd EDSA Meeting.
- Event Accommodation, meaning the Continental Forum hotel (Bucharest, Romania) where all participants will be accommodated.
- Event Locations, meaning all locations in which activities connected to the 73rd EDSA Meeting will take place.
- Event Registration, meaning the completion of the registration process by the users of the event website.
- Event Venue, meaning the Palace of Parliament (Bucharest, Romania) where the 73rd EDSA Meeting will take place.
- Event Website, meaning the official website of the 73rd EDSA Meeting and all of its related pages.
- LOC, meaning the Local Organising Committee, also referred to as “we”, “organisers” or “the organising team”.
- LSMDB, meaning Bucharest’s Dental Students Association.
- Participant(s), meaning registered and then accepted user(s).
- Registration Form, meaning the form through which users can register to the 73rd EDSA Meeting.
- User(s), meaning anyone who accesses any pages of the website.
- You, meaning anyone reading this document.
All the clauses referring to the use and browsing of the event website are only applicable on https://edsabucharest.org and all of its related pages. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. However, if any technical work is done in regards to the event website, a page that contains the syntagm “Website Maintenance” will be shown to all users when accessing the aforementioned URL. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
1.1. LSMDB and EDSA are the owners of all intellectual property rights in our site, and the connected materials published on it, including all guidelines.
1.2. You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our site.
1.3. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
1.4. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
1.5. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without getting the written permission from us.
2.1. Registration to the event is only possible online through the event website and consists of completion of the registration form, selection of applicants and payment of the registration fee. The first step in order to register for the event is to complete the registration process, which consists of accessing the registration page, followed by filling and submitting the registration form.
2.2. Users can register to the event only in the designated registration period, which the organisers state clearly on the event website and social media posts in connection to the event registration process.
2.4. If, by any reason, any of the entered data is incorrect, it is your responsibility to contact the Secretary Department to correct it. The data can only be modified at the applicant’s email request, and only before the registration period ends. The request must be sent to email@example.com and must include the name of the applicant, and all the information that needs to be edited in order for it to be in accordance with the clauses established in the article 1.3 of the Registration part of these terms and conditions.
2.5. Submission of the registration form does not, by any means, guarantee participation in the event. In order for applicants to become a participant to the event, they need to first undergo the application selection process.
2.6. After finalising the application selection phase, all applicants receive their application status from the organisers by email:
- All accepted participants for the event will receive their confirmation status from the organisers by e-mail. All accepted applicants must pay the registration fee in order to become participants to the event, thus completing the registration process.
- All rejected applicants will receive their confirmation status from the organisers by e-mail, and may have the chance to complete their registration process in the following registration periods.
3.1. The only available payment method is the online payment via a debit or credit card. No commission will be charged on our website. The payment confirmation and validation of the purchase will be processed immediately after completing the process.
3.3. All payments are regarded as completed only when the participants or the organisers receive a payment confirmation email.
3.4. All refunds are regulated by the Refund Policy available on our website so make sure to read it carefully so you know your rights.
4.1. By registering for the 73rd edition of the EDSA Meeting, you agree that your data will be processed by the organisers of the event.
4.2. By succesfully registering to the event, you agree that the media materials created during the event will be used for advertising purposes on the website or social media pages of the event (Web, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo etc.) and of the partners, as well as in other printed or non-printed advertising materials.
4.3. By participating in the event, you understand and undertake to adopt a conduct appropriate to the nature of the event and the event locations, being aware that it is an independent event and unaffiliated culturally, politically or religiously.
4.4. Participants are not allowed to attend if they are under the influence of any intoxicants. At the same time, the participant is directly responsible for their personal alcohol consumption and its consequences.
4.5. The organisers are in no way responsible for any material or physical damage/death caused during the event. Any material damage caused by the participant to the event locations or materials of the organiser entails the obligation to pay for them.
4.6. Theft of any kind will not be tolerated. The organisers are not responsible in any way for any thefts committed in the event locations and participants agree to obey to the consequences of their actions.
4.7. In case of non-compliance with the law, the internal order regulation of the event locations, as well as the conduct corresponding to the event, the organisers have the right to revoke the access to the event of the participant in question.
4.8. The distribution of the video materials made available to the participants is not allowed, except to the extent of small fragments, lasting less than one minute, on social media. Distribution in any form that harms the image of the congress is strictly prohibited and represents a violation of the intellectual property rights of the event.