Bucharest Dental Students’ Association (ASOCIAȚIA LIGA STUDENȚILOR LA MEDICINĂ DENTARĂ BUCUREȘTI) is preoccupied with data protection for users of any of their products, including any service provided through the 73rd EDSA Meeting Bucharest website, accessible to users through the following URL: edsabucharest.org.
When processing your personal data, LSMDB is responsible for complying with European and national legislation on data protection, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC („GPDR”).
- Agreement, meaning the contract established between the user and the organisers of the event, established by making use of the website and registering to the event.
- Applicant, meaning all persons that submitted the registration form, but are not yet selected for the event.
- Clause, meaning any clause of this Terms and Conditions.
- Contract, meaning these Terms and Conditions.
- Edition, meaning the edition of the EDSA Meeting organised in the Spring of 2024.
- EDSA, meaning European Dental Students’ Association.
- Event, meaning 73rd EDSA Meeting.
- Event Accommodation, meaning the Continental Forum hotel (Bucharest, Romania) where all participants will be accommodated.
- Event Locations, meaning all locations in which activities connected to the 73rd EDSA Meeting will take place.
- Event Registration, meaning the completion of the registration process by the users of the event website.
- Event Venue, meaning the Palace of Parliament (Bucharest, Romania) where the 73rd EDSA Meeting will take place.
- Event Website, meaning the official website of the 73rd EDSA Meeting and all of its related pages.
- LOC, meaning the Local Organising Committee, also referred to as “we”, “organisers” or “the organising team”.
- LSMDB, meaning Bucharest’s Dental Students Association.
- Participant(s), meaning registered and then accepted user(s).
- Registration Form, meaning the form through which users can register to the 73rd EDSA Meeting.
- User(s), meaning anyone who accesses any pages of the website.
- You, meaning anyone reading this document.
By browsing the event website, some data is automatically collected from you, by following general security protocols of website handling: device ID, device operating system and corresponding version, time of access, configuration settings, information on Internet connection (IP address). We made sure that all data stored automatically through using the website is securely stored in our database, and took all the data protection measures to prevent any information leaks that may occur.
Data collected while registering to the event on the Application Form contains the following types of personal data, collected and processed by the LOC in accordance to the general directives of data protection for online users: full name, email address, phone number, traveling document number, city, university name. Data offered through this form is also securely stored on our server and is not accessible to any party outside from:
- Members of the LOC: data is collected for application processing reasons.
- Members of the EDSA Board
We process your personal data only in accordance with the legal requirements. We pay special attention to data protection, so that all principles of personal data processing are considered in our processing activities
a) Attending the events in Bucharest – we will process a range of additional personal data in order to ensure that you can attend all the events assigned to you according to your choice. The processing is essential so we can make sure that only participants who have registered for an event and are entitled to attend can attend. The legal basis for this processing purpose is art. 6 para. 1 (b) GDPR: „processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;” and art. 6 para. 1 (c) GDPR: „processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;”
b) Recommendation for obtaining visa – If you are a citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area, you want to apply for visa in order to attend the events in Bucharest and you ask us to give you a recommendation, we will process a series of personal data in order to issue that recommendation.
The legal basis for this processing purpose is Art. 6 Paragraph 1 (f) of the GDPR: „ processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.”
c) Advertising and marketing – Newsletter
If you have provided us with your email address when purchasing the package we will send you newsletters about this Congress and we reserve the right to send you offers and other information regarding the 73rd EDSA Meeting Bucharest.